APO Compatibility with Siteground shared hosting

Hi there,

A friend of mine who is very good with speeding up websites’ loading times, advised me to try and activate Cloudflare’s APO (automatic platform optimization) with my shared hosting account (startup account) for Amsterdam-cadeau.nl at Siteground. I’ve asked Siteground if APO is known there but as it is so new, the guy I spoke to didn’t know it yet, let alone that it has been integrated. Siteground does have Cloudflare CDN integrated as an option to optimize the site’s loading times, but this new option I logically haven’t seen yet.

Therefore I have the following questions:

1. will APO be compatible with a shared hosting account (in practice startup account @ Siteground)
  2. if yes, I guess it’s best to turn OFF:
    a. SG optimizer which is a page speed optimization plugin of Siteground (https://www.siteground.com/tutorials/wordpress/sg-optimizer/)
    b. Cloudflare CDN (option within the backend of Siteground for my site)

Can anyone enlighten me about this topic, whether it’s for Siteground shared hosting or any other companies’ shared hosting services?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Bob

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for reaching out! To our knowledge, APO should be compatible with any hosting provider.

If enabled, we would recommend disabling SG optimizer. You also can leave the Cloudflare CDN option unchecked as the plugin will take care of that for you.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions!