I am trying to activate APO on two domains (different languages) for the same WordPress website, but the Cloudflare interface responds “The WordPress plugin was not detected on [domain]” for one of the domains.
- The WordPress website has several languages (translations) and each language is on its own domain. This is done with the WPML plugin.
- For illustrative purposes let’s say the domains are example .com (English) and example .net (Spanish).
- When logging into the backend, example .com is where all the settings are made, regardless of from which domain you log in.
- I added both example .com and example .net in Cloudflare (two separate zones).
- I installed the Cloudflare plugin and activated it.
- Cloudflare is active on both domains (Cloudflare headers are present).
- I paid for APO on example .com and activated it. It works.
- I paid for APO on example .net but here is the problem, I cannot activate it in the Cloudflare admin area. I get the message that the plugin is not installed on the website, even if it is.
I assume this has to do with the fact that the plugin is installed on example .com and not on example .net, but it is the same website and there is no way to install it on example .net since the two domains are sharing the same WordPress installation.
What do I need to do to activate APO so that it works on both domains?
Thanks for your help!