APO Cache is not clearing properly

Hello,

I’m facing cache problem in APO. It’s not clearing when I publish or edit the article. The home page is not updating.

APO is a fantastic tool which is lightening fast, but I’m unable to use, which is disappointing.

It seems many complained and reported this issue but why Cloudflare is not ready to fix it? Even it’s not free service.

Hope you will fix it ASAP.

I raised two tickets in intervals #2152139 and #2114831. Even I asked github too.

Thanks
Giri

Hi Giri,

Can you confirm whether the issue is this specific problem:

e.g. that category and tag pagination caches are not cleared - or is it that the article itself is not updated when you modify? Could you share an examples a HAR files of the article page load before and after you make the edit?

This post, and others, relate to the home page cache not purging on article additions and updates. I’m not sure if APO can be forced to purge the homepage on updates, but it seems like a natural choice.

1 Like

Hello Simon

“Can you confirm whether the issue is this specific problem”

Yes.

“that category and tag pagination caches are not cleared - or is it that the article itself is not updated when you modify?”

If I published an article, it’s not showing in the home page. The category and pagination cache are not cleared.

If I edited the existing article also not showing the updated version.

The only solution is complete purge. Hope you will accept that It’s not practically possible to do a complete purge every time.

If we often do, the performance will also affect.

Hence, to avoid my frustration, I unsubscribed the APO. Its fine now.

Cloudflare is a great help for us to have faster site and APO is a superb lightening speed tool, but I couldn’t use it which is disappointing me.

As I mentioned before, this issue is not jus for me. You can see in the github and here forum too. Many have given the details and complained but no action from Cloudflare.

its surprising me. Yes Its really surprising me. How come Cloudflare is ignoring this issue so long.

Hope we will get the solution soon.

Thank You
Giri

Thanks for confirming - for now the github issue is the place to follow along. I will ask the team internally if there is any further update for you.

Hello Simon,

Pls include APO cache is not cleared properly. · Issue #404 · cloudflare/Cloudflare-WordPress · GitHub this also.

Cloudflare has to address both issues and both are related.

Thank You
Giri

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.