APO cache by device - not working properly

Hi all,

I tried the new feature and seems like it’s not working properly i have a list of users agent that been I dentified as Desktop instead of mobile - most of the users are iphone, Facebook and snapchat app users.

Here a sample of the users agents:

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 14_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.0.1 Mobile/15E148 Snapchat/11.6.3.52 (like Safari/604.1)
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 14_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.0 Mobile/15E148 Snapchat/11.6.3.52 (like Safari/604.1)
[FBAN/FBIOS;FBDV/iPhone12,1;FBMD/iPhone;FBSN/iOS;FBSV/13.6.1;FBSS/2;FBID/phone;FBLC/en_US;FBOP/5]
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 13_5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.1.1 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
[FBAN/FBIOS;FBDV/iPhone11,8;FBMD/iPhone;FBSN/iOS;FBSV/13.6.1;FBSS/2;FBID/phone;FBLC/en_US;FBOP/5]
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 13_6_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.1.2 Mobile/15E148 Snapchat/11.6.3.52 (like Safari/604.1)
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 14_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.0.1 Mobile/15E148 Safari/604.1
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 14_2_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.0.1 Mobile/15E148 Snapchat/11.6.3.52 (like Safari/604.1)
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 13_7 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.1.2 Mobile/15E148 Snapchat/11.6.3.52 (like Safari/604.1)
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 14_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.0 Mobile/15E148 Snapchat/11.6.3.52 (like Safari/604.1)
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 14_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.0.1 Mobile/15E148 Snapchat/11.7.0.51 (like Safari/604.1)
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 10_2_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/602.4.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) Snapchat/10.56.0.23 (iPhone8,2; iOS 10.2.1; gzip)
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 14_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Snapchat/10.67.5.73 (iPhone11,8; iOS 14.2; gzip)
Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 14_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.0 Mobile/15E148 Snapchat/11.6.3.52 (like Safari/604.1)
[FBAN/FBIOS;FBDV/iPhone10,5;FBMD/iPhone;FBSN/iOS;FBSV/13.6.1;FBSS/3;FBID/phone;FBLC/en_US;FBOP/5]
[FBAN/FBIOS;FBDV/iPhone10,4;FBMD/iPhone;FBSN/iOS;FBSV/13.6.1;FBSS/2;FBID/phone;FBLC/en_US;FBOP/5]

The docs for the exact rules are here: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049822312#h_01ERZ6QHBGFVPSC44SJAC1YM6Q. Try purging cache, if you have a caching on the origin this should be purged too.

I tried those rules on the user-agent I sent - and seems the rules are not catching cases of users that come from Facebook and Snapchat app.

I disabled cache on my server to test it - and it’s didn’t worked.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.