APO - Bypass - Wordpress setting

Good morning,

completely new and no expertise on this so, would appreciate any help

I just added APO to Wordpress site but

CF-Cache-Status BYPASS
cf-apo-via origin,qs
cf-edge-cache cache,platform=wordpress

look wrong
site is howtobuyinspain.com (i did desactivate WP rocket and WP Cloudflare super page cache before
Couldn’t find a lot on that to assist.
Would appreciate if someone could help thanks

That’s a lot of cookies on your site. APO isn’t going to cache cookied traffic since it’s using those cookies to track your visitor sessions.

Thank you for your answer but sorry, is there a way to solve the issue? Not sure to understand your remark. (sorry if obvious but I am not an IT guy), Thanks in advance.

Not easily. A cookie is a website to identify a user who checks in. Your site uses a lot of tracking cookies. If APO caches the page, none of your tracking will work, so APO doesn’t cache because it doesn’t want to interfere with your tracking.

You’d have to turn off all your site’s marketing and tracking cookies if you want APO to cache your pages. The ones I see are GDPR (It’s possible APO will ignore this one), BP, PLL Language, and PHPSESSID (this one APO might not care about).

2 Likes

Thank you very much, will do that. thank you.

1 Like

A final question if I may: Does it mean that Google Analytics and Google Console will not work (if those cookies are down?) Of course, I can turn down for those unimportant plugins. Not the same for the rest. Anyway, we will try what you told us.

Those cookies aren’t Google related. Google usually gets its data from a request embedded in the web page, and that is triggered by most any visitor (except those who deliberately block analytics).

2 Likes

So, we did our best, desactivate some plugins … but some need to stay PLL language (some we don’t know even where they are) so, a final question as we can’t manage this APO properly, does my website earn anything to stay with APO as it is now or, we don’t have any improvement and it is useless? Final quesion, if I take the 20 USD/ month subscription, would we have the same issues or we can keep our site as is and benefit from improvements not possible with APO ? Thank you (feel free to contact me directly if you understand that it is not the correct place for the explanations). This is important for us as it is the first step in the Cloudflare world… which we felt was a must…

Sorry, but could you just confirm APO is useless in this case? as… we did our best, desactivate some plugins … but some need to stay PLL language (some we don’t know even where they are) so, a final question as we can’t manage this APO properly, does my website earn anything to stay with APO as it is now or, we don’t have any improvement and it is useless? Final quesion, if I take the 20 USD/ month subscription, would we have the same issues or we can keep our site as is and benefit from improvements not possible with APO ? Thank you (feel free to contact me directly if you understand that it is not the correct place for the explanations). This is important for us as it is the first step in the Cloudflare world… which we felt was a must…

Any views on my question? Thank you for your feedback.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.