Anyone Experiencing Network Issues Today in North America?

It could be a peering issue with the route between KnownHost and Cloudflare, and other networks. So while KnownHost’s servers and some/most network connections could be fine, there may be outer routes with issues.

1 Like

Any way to check/test the route between KnownHost & Cloudflare? Would that be something KnownHost would need to do from their end?

You’d have to comb through the Peering database and figure out the route. Maybe someone else has a better idea.

2 Likes

I’m also on Knownhost and getting random 520 and 525 Errors on my sites. Not sure what’s causing it. Sometimes a page shows an error, and then it works again after refreshing it soon after.

EDIT: I am based in the UK.

Can someone please open a ticket to Support? Be sure to include a RayID, and if possible, the “colo” from your example.com/cdn-cgi/trace. The 520 screen might also show the colocation as the center hop to the connection.
And post the Ticket # here so it gets pushed along.

1 Like

Hi, KnownHost here.

We’re attempting to reach out via ticket #2151006 and/or directly to the CF NOC regarding this issue. We began receiving reports of this issue intermittently last night which aligned to the times CF was conducting DC maintenance.

We monitor our network & all routes internally and externally from multiple points across the globe and have recorded zero instances of network instability during this period. CloudFlare does not seem to provide any looking glass to test these network routes from their different locations and points of presence.

We will continue to attempt to work with CloudFlare to identify these issues, but only CF will be able to provide the information necessary to troubleshoot this further from a network perspective.

4 Likes

I have included the requested RayID and colo information

Ticket #2151025

Let’s see if @cloonan or @cs-cf can nag someone to look at this ticket (2151006).

1 Like

Ticket #[2151035]

Also, KnownHost have now acknowledged a potential issue with Cloudflare on their forum (Under Investigation - Increased reports of CloudFlare 520 Errors | KnownHost Community Forum)

1 Like

We’re still awaiting any factual communication from CF regarding this issue. We have continued to test and probe our network and routing from multiple paths across the globe and have yet been able to reproduce any connectivity issues outside of CloudFlares network.

At this time the only recommendation we can make to customers is to disable or bypass Cloudflare on your website until they respond to this issue and provide a resolution to the problem stemming from their network.

As we stated before if a customer can reproduce this issue outside of CF we will gladly dig into it further since we can generated detailed / reproducible data but as of this post, we’ve received no such complaints or information.

1 Like

It could be a Cloudflare issue, someone on the workers discord was experiencing timeouts to workers (and multiple people verified this from multiple locations)

@IsaacUI said bypassing didn’t help in their case:

Howdy @sdayman unfortunately we’ve been unable to verify @IsaacUI’s claim or tie it directly to any routing issues. We have been in direct communication with him and multiple other users regarding this issue. So far every other user who has disabled cloudlfare has experienced no issues loading their site or accessing it.

2 Likes

At this time we have still been unable to receive any legitimate response from Cloudflare aside from typical ‘check your server’ response. It appears their entry level techs are mis-understanding our ticket and simply copying and pasting from an internal knowledge base.

For customers continuing to have this issue, I recommend opening tickets and working directly with Cloudflare, or disabling cloudflare all together but as of yet their support has been useless.

I can confirm disabling cloudflare resolves these issues.

2 Likes

We’re also having similar issues, hosted on Known host.

We’ve just disabled cloudflare proxying and it seems to clear things up, but obviously this isn’t a permanent solution because now we’re getting hammered with http requests.

3 Likes

Hey there, Knownhost user also. I have 2 servers, 1 is just fine and the other is plagued with 520, 524 and other errors. Apache is showing hundreds of cloudflare IPs hitting it all in a “Reading Request” state and never completing. Knownhost support basically tells me the problem is on Cloudflare’s side.

This issue has been escalated internally and we’re investigating. If you encounter this issue, please let us know here & include your ticket number. If you don’t have a ticket, just let us know here if you are encountering this issue. We’ll post an update on this thread after further investigation.

3 Likes

@cloonan … so it seems our customers have been ignored and treated very poorly by Cloudflare support when this is the same exact issue - https://status.kinsta.com/

1 Like

Same issue, ticekt # 2151187

2 Likes