Any way to bypass CF when it's down?

Some of my sites are throwing a 522 error, and it looks to be because Cloudflare is having a problem:

Identified - The issue has been identified and a fix is being implemented.
Feb 05, 2024 - 18:02 UTC

Is there a way to temporarily bypass CF’s DNS, without changing the nameservers at the domain name? I tried using “Development Mode” and “Pause Cloudflare on this site”, but neither worked because it’s still going through their DNS.

Hello, just change the A and AAAA record’s status to non proxified in the DNS menu. So change the orange cloud to grey cloud.

This way your visitors will bypass Cloudflare and will be served directly from your Origin server.

I tried that, but was immediately given an SSL error because the certificate was no longer valid.

Then when clicking that it’s OK, I was given a server error! I don’t know what’s up with that, but maybe my local internet provider hadn’t fully propagated?

Either way, it doesn’t look like there’s a quick and easy fix, I just have to wait it out :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.