Another record shares the same name

Hello, can anyone please explain to me how to resolve this issue? “Another record shares the same name”.

Thank you in advance!

Can you post a screenshot?

cname

There will be another record with the same name - as the information says - and as a CNAME record has to be on its own Cloudflare turned it into an A record. When the naked domain has a CNAME, that record always gets flattened.

Is there any issue?

i appreciate your time helping.

i am trying to access but. on my webhost’s page, it checks dns and ssl. but i think i still need to wait for the name servers to change? because although it shows that the nameservers have already been changed from my domain host…when check it on whois.com, the name servers are still on default. it still doesnt show cloudfare’s…

dash ive bought

The nameservers are correctly in place

nslookup -type=ns ivebought.buzz ns4.dns.nic.buzz
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  156.154.156.29

ivebought.buzz  nameserver = piper.ns.cloudflare.com
ivebought.buzz  nameserver = troy.ns.cloudflare.com

Also, the issue you mentioned here wouldn’t be nameserver related in the first place.

You probably simply have a DNS propagation issue on your end. Wait a couple of hours.

yeah maybe i am just impatient. since last time the propagation was in minutes. :slight_smile: thank you for your time. i’ll check it in 6hours. happy weekend!

Whois also has the correct value. The service you used just used the cached data and required a refresh

Make sure your server is properly configured for SSL, your encryption mode is “Full strict”, and you should be good to go.

1 Like

i tried it on another gchrome and worked. :slight_smile: thank you so much!!! resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.