Announcing the Beta for WARP for macOS and Windows

Screenshot%20from%202019-08-27%2015-04-37

4 Likes

I was waiting for this.

1 Like

@cloonan Has this started yet? I haven’t seen anything indicating the beta has started.

I haven’t seen any announcements (beyond what is linked in this thread).

Hey JShier! I am the new Product Manager for this and we are getting super close! Lots of testing going on internally and hopefully should be very very soon.

6 Likes

Almost two months later, is there an update? I’m subscribed for notifications but haven’t had anything through yet. I’m looking forward to testing the Mac and Windows clients! :slight_smile:

The beta is ongoing, there was a Tweet about it recently here:

1 Like

And we also started mailing out beta links to folks who signed up on https://1.1.1.1 in the order they signed up. Hopefully should be getting to everyone soon, just trying to slowly roll things out in case there is some disastrous bug we’ve missed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was invited into the Cloudflare MacOS Beta and clicked the download link for the app. Safari indicated I did not have the connection was not private. I checked the Cloudflare certificate (which was fine) and then clicked thru to the site. Safari asked to approve a change (which i approved) and then brought me back to the connection is not private page. I am unable to access the 1.1.1.1/beta site to download the beat app. I what do I need to do to access the app download? It is killing me as I am happy IOS 1.1.1.1 customer.

1 Like

Hmm hey @jim_borendame can you confirm the version of Safari you are using and the version of macOS? Also, do you have any other browsers on your machine? I’d be curious to see if this is limited to Safari or something else.

1 Like

I am on Catalina 10.15.6 and Safari 13.1.2. I have no other Browsers on Mac. I do run VMware Win 10 with Edge. I was able to download the Beta from Windows and cross-install it on MacOS successfully a few ins ago.

I re-checked the Safari connection issue and it is still there. Jim

1 Like

Same Issue here… running Safari Tech preview current version.

Cert actually looks valid if you ask to see cert…

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the follow up on this. I’ve sent this over to our engineering folks to take a look.

4 Likes

big fan, been eager for this to happen.

2 Likes

Hey @michaelyork and @jim_borendame are you still seeing the cert issue today? We’ve been trying to repro this since you brought it up and can’t get it to happen. One of our engineers did notice a number of other errors yesterday that have since been resolved that could explain the issue.

If you can repro it still we are hoping to try and setup a debug session with you if you are up for it. Please let me know!

Kyle

1 Like

I just tried it agaiin, with the same failure. I was able to implement the Beta by downloading the software usiing Edge on Win 10 using vmware, so I was able to bypass the issue for myself.

Jim

1 Like

This morning I was updating some records on my Macbook Pro (Catalina - with all patches on and using 1.1.1.1 WARP Beta with WARP ON) using VMware with WIN 10.

I also run Ubuntu 20.04 under VMware. Ubuntu functions appear to be fine. I was able to use Software Update to apply some outstanding Ubuntu patches.

However on the Win 10 side (which is also running the 1.1.1.1 WARP Beta with WARP ON) I was able to use EDGE and also update my Quicken (all my financials and applied a new Quicken update).

When I went to use Windows Update to update my Microsoft Defender virus prfiles for the day (I do this every day), Windows Update showed no updates needed to be applied (which never happens because Microsoft updates the virus profies roughly 50 times a day. Then I tried Microsoft Store to see if any outstanding Microsoft Product updates were outstanding (I use MS 365) and it indicated I had NO Internet connection. My WIN 10 has the 2004 update, the Preview update and the August patches on it.

I rechecked Edge access and quicken, which both worked. There may be a bug in the 1.1.1.1 WARP beta I am using.

Don’t both the functions I was trying to use, use the MS BITS protocol?

Jim

Yes still having the same issue…

1 Like

I signed up for beta months ago, but did not yet get a link.
I’d like to beta test too, please send me a link. [email protected]