Analyzing and Addressing Data Discrepancies in GA4 Integration with Cloudflare Zara

Good morning, a couple of weeks ago I integrated GA4 into Cloudflare Zaraz. After a few days of use, I realized that some data was being, supposedly, duplicated. I know I need to remove the GA4 script but I have observed that GA4 is inaccurately counting page views. For example, yesterday I modified a web post, and GA4 counted in real time that this URL had 17 visits. This data is not accurate. I have also observed that if I enter a URL and minimize the browser, then return to it (without closing the browser tab), GA4 counts it as a new visit.

I don’t know if it’s just me or perhaps I’ve made some mistake in the integration, but the data that ZARAZ is providing is not accurate. Could you tell me how I can fix it?

Thanks!!

Hi @glutendtrotters

Enable Debug Mode in Cloudflare Zaraz to monitor the events being sent to GA4 in real-time. This will help you identify if events are being duplicated or miscounted. You can find instructions on how to do this here: Debug mode

Review your GA4 configuration in Zaraz to ensure that it’s set up correctly. Make sure that you don’t have the GA4 script installed elsewhere on your site, as this can cause duplicate tracking.

Hello louise2!

I’ve checked the debug mode in Zaraz, and it is sending the data correctly to GA4. The problem I have is in GA4; it is duplicating the data. I have verified that the script is not in header.php, but it is duplicating the data. I have one tag in Google Analytics and another in Google Tag Manager. In theory, I uninstalled GTM a couple of months ago, but the tag is still showing up. I don’t know how to solve it. I have contacted Google support, and they have declined to help me. Could you tell me how to do it?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards

Glutendtrotters