An error occurred the last time AutoSSL ran, on November 2, 2020:

I see a lot of these posts but not how to fix. No one comes back with the fix :<
My domain is on Cloudflare and the IP address error points to Cloudflare
Please help. removed my real domain

DNS DCV: The DNS query to “_cpanel-dcv-test-record.notrealdomain.com” for the DCV challenge returned no “TXT” record that matches the value “_cpanel-dcv-test-record=UlbryqN6rj7F0Sq5gwi6PCGXWQmu4r1AsymqvzQhGlWx7zivJIVHUB54Wnyzc71r”.; HTTP DCV: The system failed to fetch the DCV (Domain Control Validation) file at “http://cpanel.notrealdomain.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/4KJW0PI2PTQ61NQJKJVN_EF3SV5VMHC-” because of an error: The system failed to send an HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) “GET” request to “http://cpanel.notrealdomain.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/4KJW0PI2PTQ61NQJKJVN_EF3SV5VMHC-” because of an error: (XID j7bjyp) The response exceeded the maximum length (16 KB). ( …) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SSL/DCV.pm line 657… The domain “cpanel.notrealdomain.com” resolved to an IP address “104.27.173.247” that does not exist on this server.

there is 6 of these.
thanks
Mitch

Need Help Please

Can you attach a screen shot of the error and perhaps steps to reproduce?

Can you give a link to those posts? It may help to see what troubleshooting steps were taken.

Same problem, ¡help!

Just search DNS DCV on google same search.

This is because your AutoSSL is attempting to use local DNS for verification. Since you’re using Cloudflare DNS, that AutoSSL method doesn’t work.

As for the failed GET command, without knowing the actual URL, we can’t test this to see why that request is failing. That acme-challenge file is probably there, but the response is not as expected.

1 Like

Found this!!

I generated the Key and Cert. But when I go to the Cpanel account of the domain I’m lost
I have no I idea what to do there is other certs attached do I delete those?
Another instruction said to download the Cloudflare Origin CA first.
Does that replace the servers root cert?
My head hurts.
If anyone can please give me instructions after creating the key and cert and the Cloudflare Origin CA
that would be great I have cpanel.
thanks
Mitch

Error Pointed to Cloudflare

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.