Am I being Redundant? Am I being Redundant?

Greetings,

I have Cloudflare set up by changing my DNS servers for my domain hosted on Bluehost.

I create lots of subdomains and was doing so ONLY on Bluehost before integrating Cloudflare.

I thought that I would be able to start creating those subdomains directly in the Cloudflare DNS page, but that didn’t work?

It seems that I still need to create the subdomain in the Bluehost C-panel FIRST, and then create the same subdomain again in Cloudflare using my Bluehost server’s IP address under the “Content” section of Cloudflare’s DNS page?

So now I DO get all the speed and SSL enhancements of Cloudflare BUT now I have to create each subdomain TWICE!.. Or do I?

I hope I am just doing this wrong and there is a better way that allows me to just work inside Cloudflare to make DNS and subdomain changes without going to Bluehost?

Any help would be highly appreciated :slight_smile:

Thank you for your time,
Aaron

Nope, you’re doing it right. You’re using cPanel for hosting, and Cloudflare for DNS. You create the subdomain hosting first, then add it to DNS.

Only with Partner setups where they also control your Cloudflare-connected DNS is it a one-step process.