Allow Google PageSpeed Bot to Bypass Bot Fight Mode

Hello,

I am currently trying to unblock the Google Pagespeed Insights bot on our website. It is blocked by the rule “Bot Fight Mode for Definite Bots - manage definite bots”. So it doesn’t seem to be on the Cloudflare list of “good” bots. And I don’t want to disable the Bot Fight Mode.

Since I know the AS number, I already tried the following:

AS number equals “…” Then "Allow
and
AS Number is in “…” Then “Bypass” “WAF - Web application Firewall”.

Unfortunately, neither of them led to the desired result.

The activity log showed me that the rules are hit, but at the same time the above mentioned bot rule, which blocks the bot.

Does anyone have an idea how I can solve this problem?

Thank you,
David

Have you tried temporary adding the ASN in the Tools → IP Access Rules? :thinking:

Or, rather that’s due to if you are using a Pro plan and configured super bot fight mode to challenge/block the “Definitely automated”?

Hi @fritex

Thanks for the idea, I didn’t know I could add ASN there as well. That worked great!

Yes exactly, I have the Pro Plan and the Super Bot Fight Mode set to block “definitely automated”. I could have disabled it, but then our servers would be immediately visited by millions of bad bots. With Super Bot Fight Mode, only 18 million “verified bots” have been allowed through in the last 24 hours.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.