All the records I need to create in cloudflare

Hi,

Anyhelp will be highly appreciated!

I want to use zDOTcom hosting services.

their name servers are as follows;

• Nameserver 1: ns-a1.cloud.z.com
• Nameserver 2: ns-a2.cloud.z.com
• Nameserver 3: ns-a3.cloud.z.com

I need to understand what all records I need to create in Cloudflare, so as to get my wordpress website up and running on the zDOTcom servers.

At the moment there are absolutely no recods on Cloudflare.

Thanks!

If they have a DNS records page, you’d have to make sure all those records exist here as well.

Generally, when you add a site to Cloudflare, Cloudflare will guess at thousands of possible hostnames to see if your current DNS has them, then add them here automatically.

IP address resolution (at least one required for each domain)

A and AAAA

Purpose : A and AAAA Records direct browser requests to an origin web server (A for IPv4 addresses and AAAA for IPv6 addresses).

Fields :

• Name: A subdomain or the root domain, which must:
    • Be 63 characters or less
    • Start with a letter and end with a letter or digit
    • Only contain letters, digits, or hyphens (underscores are allowed but discouraged in A and CNAME records)
  • IPv4/IPv6 address : Your origin web server address (cannot be a Cloudflare IP)
  • TTL : Time to live (only available if traffic is not proxied through Cloudflare)
  • Proxy status : Select the cloud icon to change proxy status. If your record is proxied, that means that Cloudflare is:
    • Hiding the origin IP address from attackers
    • Caching
    • Storing an HTTPS certificate on its edge servers
    • Providing support for Page Rules, Caching, Firewall, and more

Notes :

If you want to sustainably spread traffic across multiple domains, check out Cloudflare Load Balancing.

Though you could spread traffic with multiple A or AAAA records — because Cloudflare alternates requests based on each record — this approach might send your traffic to unreachable IP addresses. Load balancing provides a much more reliable solution.

CNAME

Purpose :

CNAME records direct browser requests to an origin web server, but — unlike an A or AAA record — do so via a hostname like www.example.com instead of an IP address .

Fields :

• Name: A subdomain or the root domain, which must:
    • Be 63 characters or less
    • Start with a letter and end with a letter or digit
    • Only contain letters, digits, or hyphens (underscores allowed but discouraged)
  • Target : The hostname where traffic should be directed
  • TTL : Time to live (only available if traffic is not proxied through Cloudflare)
  • Proxy status : Select the cloud icon to change proxy status. If your record is proxied, that means that Cloudflare is:
    • Hiding the origin IP address from attackers
    • Caching
    • Storing an HTTPS certificate on its edge servers
    • Providing support for Page Rules, Caching, Firewall, and more

Notes :

You can use CNAME records to point to other CNAME records ( www.example2.comwww.example1.comwww.example.com ), but the final record must point to a hostname with a valid IP address (and therefore a valid A or AAAA record).

To find a full list of DNS records (and what they do) visit https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019093151-Managing-DNS-records-in-Cloudflare

In addition, you need to change the nameservers to the Cloudflare provided nameservers for help on doing that visit https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/205195708-Changing-your-domain-nameservers-to-Cloudflare

Thanks for help.

I bought this domain from Cloudflare. Usually with godaddy or other providers I would simply point the nameservers to hosting provider’s and job done!

Here I do not understand the records I need to create what their purpose are and exactly what to fill in those records.

If you can please help me identify the kind of record(s) I need to create (only for DNS).
And what vaues to fill.

Only they (zDOT) can tell you which DNS records you need.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.