After installing APO my pagespeeds got worse

Prior to installing APO I was getting pagespeeds of 50 in Google Pagespeed Insights. I installed APO and got speeds around 17 which was unexpected. I deactivated APO and they have gone to 20. This puts me in a worse position then when I started and I have paid $5 for the privilege!

Am I missing something. I thought this was highly recommended to increase pagespeed and when I looked at the analysis on the Cloudflare page it looked like I would get about 60% increase in speeds.


As discussed within the support ticket, the issue is not with the APO itself or loading time of your site in general.

Instead, recommendations provided by Google PageSpeed Insights suggest that you need to resize images appropriately and remove lazy loaders + unused JS / CSS assets to improve your score.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.