Advanced DDoS Protection as an addon?

You guys should considering selling the advanced ddos protection as an addon for other plans. It would exclude extras like the WAF, Railgun, etc but you’d get the advanced protection. It’d be great for smaller sites without a lot of resources. Maybe $50/month for the addon so small sites don’t have to pay $200/month if they get attacked. Thoughts?

probably not that easy as business/enterprise might be on different ips/network segments ???

I cannot comprehend your point here. CF most likely proxy Advanced DDoS Protected traffic by something else than Free/Pro plans which doesn’t have it but I cannot understand what it has to do with being “easy” or not.
What you are telling is essentially “probably not that easy to migrate Free account to Business” which we all know isn’t true. Getting just Advanced DDoS Protection could be understood as “just migrate my Account to Business plan but turn off certain things” which I believe is easy.
Advances DDoS Protection is just a function and CF plans are “packs” of functions.

Basically each plan has certain features. The Business plan has Advanced DDoS Protection, I’m suggesting to sell it as an addon for free and pro customers without the other features of business like railgun. Thoughts?

To be fair I was trying to reply to eva2000 post.

Oh sorry about that. The Free/Pro plans likly have the same protection that business has for L3/L4 (Enterprise offers dedicated IP Ranges and BGP filtering), however the advanced plan also adds in extreamly sosphicated HTTP Request Filtering (for example: you don’t need to buy rate limiting for your site to stay online). It wouldn’t be too hard to enable the feature as an addon :smiley:

I’m new to Cloudflare forum and certainly no IT bof, however i get what you are saying lunorian. I’d like to have railgun installed, but i cant find it in the addon’s - which means that for me to have railgun i need to upgrade to business at a cost of $180.00 extra a month, totally unjustified. Cloudflare unless there is somewhere else that i must hunt to addon railgun at $5.00 a month - please show me where, if not then you seriously need to re-evaluate your upgrade packages, scary the amount of business you could be throwing away due to this.

Cloudflare Partners can deploy Railgun to any plan but I believe there was some kind of gimmick to do it and I don’t remember what it was about.