Advance Edge Certificates not being served to visitors

Hello,
I’ve purchased advance Edge Certificates to serve it on Wildcard subdomain with SANs, something like:
*.get.example.com
*.get.example.com
The certificate shows that it’s active, however, visitors still get invalid certificate when they visit john.get.example.com.
I have added an A record for *.get.example.com on the DNS pointing to an IP. But CF still not serving it to the visitors.

Kindly Advise.

Only Enterprise plans can proxy wildcard DNS.

You can create the necessary (non-wildcard) DNS records, setting each :orange: and they will be served with the matching wildcard cert.

1 Like

So, you’re saying that you guys are selling SSL certificates that can’t be used outside CloudFlare nor inside ClouldFlare unless your account is Enterprise type? So the $10 I paid for, is for nothing?

Funny!

@michael‘s reply explains how you can use that certificate on your account here. Please re-read his message. If something in it is not clear, please let us know.

Yes, I did read his message and followed the instruction, but traffic through wildcard is not being served with SSL certificate!
example *.xx.xxx.com

Certificate structure:
simple.com
*.simple.com
*.xx.simple.com
DNS record structure:
A simple.com 0.0.0.0
A *.simple.com 0.0.0.0
A *.xx.simple.com 0.0.0.0

Hope this clears things up!

Re-reading my message it is not entirely clear.

You need to create individual non-wildcard DNS records, and they will use the ACM wildcard certificate.

DNS record structure:
A foo.xx.simple.com 0.0.0.0 :orange:
A bar.xx.simple.com 0.0.0.0 :orange:

Only enterprise accounts can set a wildcard DNS record to :orange:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.