Addon domains

I have an unlimited hositing account and it has a few good important websites and a few rubbish and semi ok sites…

The primary domain is the one i really want to protect and improve perfromance and it already has an ssl

2-3 of my addon domains that are also important have their own SSL already installed

Question…if i buy one $20 plan for the primary domain, does it work, will it affect any of the addon domains???

I tried to look this up and work it out, but this site is too big and diverse for a newbie to cloudflareand i couldnt find a chat function…

Im extremely it literate, but just not used cloudflare before

Thanks for your help

So i think i worked out i just need to point the primary domain at the name servers for cloudflare?

On my domain settings at my host
I currently have 2 name servers
exampledns1
exampledns2

and two A records

domainname.com
www.domainname.com

So im assuming i change the two dns name servers and leave the two A records as they are…

Correct. As far as Cloudflare is concerned, your add-on domains are completely separate.

When you set up Cloudflare, it will scan your exampledns name server for those A records. Then Cloudflare becomes your DNS once you change those two DNS name servers.

Once that’s done, you’ll be able to set Cloudflare’s Crypto to Full (Strict) since you already have SSL on your server.

Thanks so much for clearing that up, very much appreciated.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.