Adding subdomain hosted on Siteground to Cloudflare

Hello.

I activated Cloudflare CDN for staging www subdomain on Siteground and added Let’s encrypt SSL there.

Then staging copy shows error in browser:

ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

According to Siteground:

Staging copies that have www do not work with Cloudflare unless a custom SSL is uploaded in the CDN dashboard

and they told me there are 2 options to resolve it:

1. Purchase the $10/month Advanced Certificate Manager from Cloudflare and upload your own SSL for the www staging.
  2. Use Cloudflare’s nameservers, remove the www from the staging copy and activate the CDN for the non-www staging subdomain from https://dash.cloudflare.com/

I’d like to use 2nd option, but not sure how to apply it on Cloudflare. Where are Cloudflare’s nameservers and where do i put them? On domain provider’s website?

Also, how to activate staging subdomain at Cloudflare? I’m able to activate only main domain on Cloudflare.

If you want the second option, you’ll have to completely deactivate your Cloudflare setup at Siteground and then go through the onboarding process here.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.