Adding new subdomain, data served by my server and not cloudflare

Hi everyone!

I recently bought mydomain.com and I activated Cloudflare via cPanel to serve via HTTPS.

mydomain.com and www.mydomain.com work great (both, http and https).

Here comes the issue now: I would like to create blog.mydomain.com, how do I achieve that?

As per the instructions here, I have done the following changes In cPanel:

• Created the subdomain.
  • DNS on cPanel looks like:

ORIGINAL
mydomain.com. CNAME mydomain.com.cdn.Cloudflare.net.
www.mydomain.com. CNAME wwww.mydomain.com.cdn.Cloudflare.net.
Cloudflare-resolve-to.mydomain.com CNAME Cloudflarearecord.mydomain.com

ADDED
blog.mydomain.com. CNAME blog.mydomain.com.cdn.Cloudflare.net.
Cloudflare-resolve-to.blog.mydomain.com. CNAME mydomain.com.cdn.Cloudflare.net.

In Cloudflare > SSL/TLS > Edge Certificates, I have the following:

mydomain.com (1 host) Universal (type) 1 (certificate)
www.mydomain.com (1 host) Universal (type) 1 (certificate)

I really don’t know how relevant is this particular info, for some reason I believe that blog.mydomain.com should also appear there. I could be wrong though ^^

The error I am getting is that the certificate is self-signed, what leads me to believe that the data is not coming from Cloudflare but my server, right?

Is there something wrong in my configuration above? How could I know (in my Cloudflare account) if everything is correct?

Thanks for any pointers :slight_smile:

Regards,
EOZyo

I don’t know whether this helps. But when I added a subdomain: I first created a virtual server on my server to host it; then I added the subdomain as an A record and AAAA record on Cloudflare’s dns setup (in your case that would be “blog … points to …your origin IP”) and that was it. EXCEPT I had to install an ssl certificate on my own server to include the subdomain. I did this with Letsencrypt. I’m guessing but I think you can order a certificate for your new blog sub domain through Cloudflare and import it into your origin server.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.