Adding Hubspot CNAME records to Cloudflare. Keeps saying 'record invalid'

I have a hubspot CRM account and I added the cname records to Cloudflare but the status remains on ‘record invalid’ for many days. Hubspot has looked at what I added and confirmed I did it correctly.

When I add the records to Cloudflare, I copy and paste them and they look like this: hs1-21496967._[domainkey.onlyconcierge.net.domainname.com and (http://domainkey.onlyconcierge.net.domainname.com) but then Cloudflare automatically changes it to: hs1-21496967._domainkey - It erases the domain name. is this the problem? Can someone help me please? I need help urgently.

Hi @nicole ,

The way you explained is very confusing , Can you share a Screenshot or explain it more detailed ?

Make sure the CNAME hostname is set to :grey: (DNS-only).

Well, in general no need to worry in terms of Cloudflare stripping out the domain name part in the DNS record - I believe it’s much more easier to read and keep on track with them on the DNS tab interface …

Can you share your domain name so we could check this too?

But, I remember there were few topics where Cloudflare stripped it as a “sub-domain” and seems like it does strip off the -example-com part of the sub-domain :thinking:

I’d suggest you to open a ticket by sending an e-mail to support[at]cloudflare[dot]com from your e-mail associated with your Cloudflare account and then post the ticket number # here as soon as you get the auto-reply so we can escalate this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.