Adding CNAME for Google Sites

No it’s not needed it’s full stop please try to understand me, I am a web developer just go ahead and use without dot and If you are unable to see your google site live on domain firstly remove that cloudflare proxy by clicking on cloud so that google can check for the dns changes and then activate cloudflare proxy.

Give me the link it’s impossible.

Do I have to wait next 24h now?

Nope have you added the CNAME, If yes then changes should be live, try changing your dns or clearing your dns cache so that you can see the changes and If I can get a link to it I can see if your dns records are configured correctly or not.

There is not error 404 anymore!
But there is another error hah
ERR_QUIC_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Go to SSL settings and set SSL to full as google is also applying ssl it’s conflicting.

Then you will know it’s not a full stop either.

Bad advice.

Why so google sites are using server side ssl!

However error seems to be related with http/3

Because it should not be Full but Full Strict.

Still It doesn’t work;

@michalsliwa04, you have an insecure setup now.

Full Strict doesn’t work too

@sandro OH!! Read it properly when server is using cloudflare origin certificate then Full Strict is used.

No, it does not and I’d strongly suggest you familiarise yourself with support.cloudflare.com.

@michalsliwa04, did your site work fine on HTTPS before Cloudflare? If not, then that’s your issue.

After domain bought I changed into CloudFire
I did not test without this

Then do this. Your domain needs to work on HTTPS before you add it to Cloudflare.

Firstly go to dns and change that cloudflare proxy cloud to off and then let google see dns changes and then once you see it’s alive activated, then go to dns and turn on cloudflare proxy.

Sorry for stupid question, how can i see google have seen changes?

How can i know*

@michalsliwa04, I’d pause Cloudflare for now (Overview screen, bottom right) and make sure that your site is loading fine on HTTPS and only once everything works, then unpause Cloudflare again.

You’ll probably have to talk to your host as well.

That’s easy I use Google Dig to check just go here Dig (DNS lookup) and enter your domain name where your website is hosted. It will show you all the records see if you can see your ghs.googlehosted.com cname.

1 Like