Adding a domain without scanning the DNS

Hi,
I am trying to add some domains that have wildcard subdomains. It’s pulling in hundreds of irrelevant subdomains that I really don’t need.
Can’t I just upload my zone file without first having it scan? I don’t want to manually delete all those bogus subdomains one by one.

1 Like

Ok , How many DNS Records is it Adding

Adding your Domain to Cloudflare will scan all your DNS Records There is no Other way probably .

It added 200. I deleted the site to try again
My zone file has like around 10 records

Did you get those records like from A to Z? :thinking:
Seems to me like you’ve had an hostname (DNS record) with an wildcard * (apex) at your hosting provider. Modify it at your current hosting/DNS provider, then wait for some time, like few hours, try to re-add your domain again to your Cloudflare account. But, re-check for the current sub-domains if you are using any, add it manually after you remove wildcard record at your hosting provider.

Unfortunately, I do not know the other way around.

yes, that’s what I meant when I said a wildcard domain - *
I will remove it and try again, thanks

I have an idea…
Change the domain’s NS to some invalid value. Say, 8.8.8.8, wait a bit for it to propagate (5 or 10 min), then try importing it into Cloudflare.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.