Added Subdomain in DNS (A record), it's now gone

This morning I created a new DNS record to add a new subdomain for the purposes of cloning my forum and fixing errors while the forum remains live. After adding the DNS I went to the new forum url and it worked fine.
Then it stopped and I looked at the DNS records and the new record I added is gone.

top domain: www.theherosspouse.com
subdomain: mlcclone.theherosspouse.com

From dash.cloudflare.com, click on the Audit Log at the top. You should see all account activity, like adding and deleting DNS entries.

Well, it shows that I deleted it–which I did not do. It alos showed a very different ip for me doing the delete.

I’ve been getting emails that my account was accessed from a different ip. These always come just after I have logged in.
I checked and it is my ip.
But I did just notice that it says the browser is mozilla and I use chrome.
I changed my password, but don’t have a mobile phone (yeah, I know that is weird this day and age; I don’t want to be bothered all the time), so apparently I can’t set up 2 factor authentication–unless I read it wrong.

Which one? Any chance that you used your API key or token anywhere to edit DNS records?

You can get LastPass password manager, and that has a built-in 2FA feature you can use with Cloudflare.

It did it again–deleted the record I added. Honestly this was to be expected since I had not changed the way I was doing it.

I just went to the DNS tab and added it from there. I don’t think I used API or a token as I did not input them anywhere during the process.

If you don’t use the API for anything, go ahead and change your API Global Key. While you’re at it, open a Support Ticket. Maybe they can see what’s deleting the entry.
Login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support by clicking on the Get More Help button.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.