Added Cloudflare name servers now website isn't working


#1

I am using freenom to register the domain and added the Cloudflare nameservers. I went to Cloudflare and it said I did this correctly. The website is running on port 8080. I manually added a DNS record with the web server’s ip address. When I go to the webserver’s ip address on port 8080 it works but when I to connect to the webserver via the domain name it doesn’t work (again on port 8080). I get this error: example512.tk’s server DNS address could not be found. Example512.tk is the domain in question.


#2

Couple of quick tests and only 1 out of three connected when I tried to go to the origin directly:

curl -I --resolve example512.tk:8080:[IP Redacted] http://example512.tk:8080

The one time I was able to connect I got the following response:

HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Server: Webduino/1.7
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8


#3

Although I just tried again and got the page through Cloudflare. Not sure if you spun the :hamster: wheel or not.


#4

I just added some DNS records. Maybe that did it.