Added 1.1.1.2 + DoT in my Asus router DNS but 1.1.1.1/help shows NO (not connected) for DoT

Hi,
I just added 1.1.1.2 + DoT in my Asus router DNS (Merlin software) but 1.1.1.1/help shows NO (not connected) for DoT under the Debug section.

Debug Information

Connected to 1.1.1.1 No
Using DNS over HTTPS (DoH) No
Using DNS over TLS (DoT) No

Below that, It does show YES under the “Connectivity to Resolver IP Addresses”

Connectivity to Resolver IP Addresses

1.1.1.1 Yes
1.0.0.1 Yes

I find this a little confusing and would like to know if it’s setup properly or not in my router please? Here are the options I selected in my router.

Filter Mode: Safe
Service Name: Cloudflare
DNS Server: 1.1.1.2, 1.0.0.2
Enable DNSSEC support = Yes
DNS Privacy Protocol = DNS-over-TLS (DoT)
DNS-over-TLS Profile = Strict (other choice is Opportunistic)
Preset servers = Please select – I selected Cloudflare 1.1.1.1 in the list.

This added the following in the DNS-over-TLS Server List section:
IP Address = 1.1.1.1
TLS Port: empty/blank – Should I add 583 in there?
TLS Hostname = “Cloudflare-dns . com” (added spaces on purpose here to avoid error when submitting this)
SPKI Fingerprint = empty/blank – Should I add something in there?

I’m also wondering if I’m better to delete the preset server and not select any?Just leaving the Privacy Protocol set to DoT and that’s it?
Also, I applied (saved) the changes in the router but did not reboot it or restarted my other devices on the network (computers, phone etc) …should I reboot everything?

I’m trying to include the link from “Result from 1.1.1.1/help” like it says to do on the site by using the hyperlink fonction but it keeps giving an error.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.