Add www version

Hello, how can I my www version of the domain. I can only add a website without www version. I want Cloudflare to resolve to the www and not to without-www version. Thank you

Welcome to the community!

Do you mean with that that you want to add the www subdomain and remove the non-www site? Or do you mean that you want to resolve using the www subdomain and redirect all request coming from the non-www site to the www subdomain?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

If you’re adding a domain to your Cloudflare account, you should add naked domain (without www) in the input field.

The www is basically a prefix or a sub-domain like test, dev, etc.

Right after you add example.com, you’ll be available later to add www and any other DNS records you need.

Please ensure you are providing the root domain and not any subdomains (e.g., example.com, not www.example.com)

Otherwise, maybe your domain might be banned or some other error you get? :thinking:

May I ask you to post and share your domain name in bracketed dot [.] notation here with us so we could double-check, troubleshoot and provide some feedback information regarding the domain status and some other? :thinking:

Helpful articles:

Later on, you add the www hostname (DNS record) under the DNS tab of Cloudflare dashboard for your domain name and configure it:

Therefore, it will resolve to both non-www and www and you can configure redirections like all from non-www to www, or vice-versa, or any other kind of type you want. Here are some great tutorials if you’re interested into redirecting with Cloudflare:

2 Likes

@sv1984

The link is already posted by @fritex in the thread. Redirect www.example.com to example.com Check that link.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.