Add SSL in Google Domain but content is in GoDaddy?

I have a problem I wanted to add SSL in our site but I’m confused because it’s not working, it made our site offline.

We have a purchased domain in Google for example ("https://www.createods.com/).
Then to use this domain in GoDaddy, we have to add this as “DNS Hosting” and we will be required to use Godaddy Nameservers in the google domain.
Like shown in this video How to Add a Google Domain to a GoDaddy Hosting Account

After that, we can now create a site like “WordPress”.

Then we wanted to add SSL in our site.
we follow this instruction and change the nameserver

We ask GoDaddy to remove their nameserver and change it to Cloudflare nameservers.
After waiting 24hours its still not activated and our site is down.
I’m right to change the nameservers Godaddy? or it should be in Google instead? if it’s in google if we change it, is the content of the site is still manageable in GoDaddy?

Hi @rhalp10,

For your site to be secure, you need working HTTPS on your site before adding it to Cloudflare.

As for the nameservers, these should be changed at your domain registrar, not your host.

I see, Thanks @domjh, I was just really confused but now it is clear. I will come back here when I have solved this problem of mine.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.