Add record to DNS

I need to create a DNS record. The record I am creating is CNAME. I have these 3 value sI need to enter in

Name
Host
Date

But when I go to create the CNAME record, the only options are Name & Content. How do I know what information goes where? This is all to authenticate an email

Go here, https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/dns. I suspect Name is Name and Host is Target. Date is time to live, I suspect, it set at auto, ignore it.

Sorry, the value is ‘Data’ not date. I mispelled it

I have the Host in the content field since it would not accept what I have for ‘Data’. Not sure if I have the correct info in the right fields, but it looks right. I am just not sure where the ‘Data’ info should go and my CRM still shows that the email is unauthenticated

1 Like

If cloonan’s suggestion of using name as name and host as target does not work, try instead to use host as name and data as target

If this also does not work, I suggest reaching out to your email provider for clarification on how they need the records set up.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.