Add name servers to .ie domain

Hi @butlercathal,

Both of these relate to Can't set nameservers - (Inconsistent Set of NS / Nameserver not authoritative) and generally on;y cause an issue if you are trying to change from one pair of Cloudflare nameservers to another (i.e. when you move a domain from one account to the other).

If that is the case in your situation, you will need to follow support’s instrutions and rely to them for help. If not, I am also not sure what your registrar’s issue is and their replies that you have posted don’t really clarify the situation.

Thanks for your reply …I’m not changing from from one pair of Cloudflare nameservers to another. I am not getting any response from Cloudflare support (other than the generic email they sent). I think my next port to call will be to take out a paid membership with Cloudflare to get access to support. It does seem strange that Michael (who responded earlier) has registered .ie domains without a problem…Once again thanks for your response I’ll let you know how I get on.

Then you should not have any issue, can your registrar provide any clarification on on the actual issue? Like @sandro, I see no reason why this would not work as the nameservers you are trying to add are authoritative for your domain. If your ticket is ope, you will get a response, it may just take a while on free. I’m not atually sure what you want Cloudflare Support to do, though?

And we are back to the merry-go-round.

I intend to take out the paid membership which will give me better access to their support and basically I hope to get an answer in relation to the email (generic) they sent me. ie what they meant by the below paragraph.

“Moving nameservers on some European registrars requires configuration changes by Cloudflare - if you are using an European registrar please reply to this email for technical support follow up.”

OK, but I don’t think you will learn anything new.

This is in relation to moving a domain between accounts and changing the nameservers from one pair to another, and the issue we mentioned previously.

1 Like

No problem and thanks for your help, I’ll let you know if I manage to get it resolved. I’m hoping that if I have something in writing from Cloudflare it will give me more leverage when I go back to my hosting company and the Registrar if indeed the problem is with them.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

ISSUE RESOLVED …UPDATING .IE NAMESERVERS

Regarding .ie domains …the reason you get a non authoritative message showing up when you try to update with cloudflare nameservers for .ie domains (even when the nameservers are set up correctly) is because the nameserver is in a shared space and for .ie registrar to accept it, it needs to be zoned.

With other registrars .com etc this is not a requirement. Each name server with cloudflare does eventually get zoned (usually a few weeks after set up). However in the case of the .ie register this has to be done before the initial change can be made. So to resolve the non authoritative issue (in relation to .ie registrations) you can so one of two things

i) Wait until cloudflare eventually get around to zoning the nameservers (usually a few weeks)

or

ii) Send email to cloudflare requesting they zone the nameservers. Below is a sample email you can send to cloudflare .

Hello,

I wish to change the nameservers of my domain example.ie to ns1/2.examplehost.com. I am unable to do this as it is a requirement of all .IE domains that a zone exists on the target nameservers prior to me making the change.

Can you create a zone with the following details:
A record (website) – 1.2.3.4
MX record (email) – 2.4.6.8

Regards,
Johnny Customer

Hopefully this will help anyone else in the community having the same problems in the future.

Regards,

Cathal

3 Likes