Add ipv6 to ipv4 list how to?

Answer these questions to help the Community help you with Security questions.

What is the domain name?

Have you searched for an answer?

Please share your search results url:

When you tested your domain, what were the results?

Describe the issue you are having:

What error message or number are you receiving?

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

1. errro adding ipv6 list invalid value for ip at position 95: filters.api.IPv6 IP addresses are not supported. We suggest using a /64 CIDR instead (Code: 10038) how to solve it?

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?

What are the steps to reproduce the error:

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?

Please attach a screenshot of the error:

(Follows on from this)

Try to keep in the same thread as it helps other find answers.

As the message says, list items for IPv6 must be masked for, and include, /64 for the CIDR (so all must be aaaa:bbbb:cccc:dddd::/64)…

2 Likes

My apologies SJR I change thread because it was a different issue, related with the fist one, but other.
Thank you for the quick reply again

“As the message says, list items for IPv6 must be masked for, and include, /64 for the CIDR (so all must be aaaa:bbbb:cccc:dddd::/64 )…”

I not following this line well …so your mean the fist example 208.10… is not ok? how to I change them can you give one example? I guess it will solve the issue I read it in support but I’m not able yet to get it right

That one is ok as it is IPv4.

But IPv6 addresses must be of the form I showed. You cannot enter these:
2a00:5400:e050:b31e:532a:131:4fee:67 (as this is a single IP address)
2a00:5400:e050:b31e:532a:131:4fee:67/64 (as you need to mask off the lower 64 bits yourself).

The screenshot I’ve shown is from one of my accounts (a dynamically updated block list) so those are all working.

thank you what I do when I don’t have d’s should I add zeros ? let me share on pratical example this are the public lists of uptimerobot i need to add to exceptions 2607:ff68:107::3 to the right form should it be
2607:ff68:1073:0000::/64 ?

This would have to be…
2607:ff68:107::/64

not accepted I just tryed it alone and i get:
invalid value for ip at position 95: filters.api.IPv6 IP addresses are not supported. We suggest using a /64 CIDR instead (Code: 10038).

this one too is even more odd to model to that shape 2600:1f16:775:3a01:70d6:601a:1eb5:dbb9 any suggestions ? It seems I have a’s b’s c’s d’s f’s …

Works fine, added it manually to my list…

Add as 2600:1f16:775:3a01::/64

If you are unsure, you need to read up on how IPv6 addresses are formed and masked.

3 Likes

@sjr great thank you. finally is working I had a bad ip in the list what was causing errors and now all are accepted and working thank you for your time I hope can add them all now. yes I will love to read more about it i just look for subset masks ipv6 IBM tutorial to get a better idea of what i’m doing. Closed

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.