Add another CDN for audio files

Hi,

We are using CloudFlare for few months and everything is working great. We have lot of .mp3 files and looks like cloudflare recommend not using audio/video files so we are looking for alternative cdn to host mp3 files (we are expecting ~25TB per month), Can you recommend if you are using BunnyCDN or BelugaCDN or any other options and how is the experience. (we tried s3/cloudfront but looks very very expensive).

Regards

So you are actually asking in a CloudFlare forum for recommendations against CloudFlare.
Did I get this right?

CloudFlare actually caches MP3 files if you use Cache everything with a PageRule.

No, we like Cloudflare and are very happy with it.

Page rule is kind of workaround to circumvent the issue and we don’t want our website be taken down for using too much data, can you confirm that cloudflare now allows mp3/audio and 25TB per month won’t be an issue?

As far as I’m aware, Cloudflare does still not like it if you heavily make use of their proxy/cache for media files, and you’ll risk getting your account suspended if it indeed becomes too much.

2.8 Limitation on Serving Non-HTML Content

The Services are offered primarily as a platform to cache and serve web pages and websites. Unless explicitly included as part of a Paid Service purchased by you, you agree to use the Services solely for the purpose of (i) serving web pages as viewed through a web browser or other functionally equivalent applications, including rendering Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) or other functional equivalents, and (ii) serving web APIs subject to the restrictions set forth in this Section 2.8. Use of the Services for serving video or a disproportionate percentage of pictures, audio files, or other non-HTML content is prohibited, unless purchased separately as part of a Paid Service or expressly allowed under our Supplemental Terms for a specific Service. If we determine you have breached this Section 2.8, we may immediately suspend or restrict your use of the Services, or limit End User access to certain of your resources through the Services.

So it’s probably indeed better to use a dedicated media cdn for hosting such files. Unfortunately I don’t have enough experience with other CDNs to answer your original question here.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.