ACME DNS challenge 81057

I’m using Traefik (https://containo.us/traefik/) to set up a router inside my internal network (not reachable) but for which I’d like to have SSL certificates. For this, I have configured traefik to reach out to Cloudlare to run a dns-acme and I’m consistently getting an 81057 “already exists” error even though my DNS panel does not have any TXT like what traefik is trying to create (_acme-challenge.my.domain).

The actual error message is (replaced my domain with xyz.abc):

Unable to obtain ACME certificate for domains \"home.xyz.abc,*.home.xyz.abc\" : unable to generate a certificate for the domains [home.xyz.abc *.home.xyz.abc]: error: one or more domains had a problem:\n[*.home.xyz.abc] [*.home.xyz.abc] acme: error presenting token: cloudflare: failed to create TXT record: error from makeRequest: HTTP status 400: content \"{\\\"result\\\":null,\\\"success\\\":false,\\\"errors\\\":[{\\\"code\\\":81057,\\\"message\\\":\\\"The record already exists.\\\"}],\\\"messages\\\":[]}\"\n[home.xyz.abc] [home.xyz.abc] acme: error presenting token: cloudflare: failed to create TXT record: error from makeRequest: HTTP status 400: content \"{\\\"result\\\":null,\\\"success\\\":false,\\\"errors\\\":[{\\\"code\\\":81057,\\\"message\\\":\\\"The record already exists.\\\"}],\\\"messages\\\":[]}\"\n" providerName=cloudflare.acme

I have tried:

1. Putting in a wrong credential and it gives me a different error
  2. Deleting all the TXT records in my panel, and I get the same error

Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this further? Should I open a support ticket?

Post a screenshot of your DNS records (redact the IP addresses) and the exact error message without censored details.

Excuse my ignorance, but is showing the domain itself OK?

The very first posting actually requires that. You did read that, did you not?

I am terribly sorry, I did miss that recommendation.
And I do not know what happened but it seems like the situation sorted itself out after about 1h.
I’m not sure if it was something else I did, but it is working now.

Apologies for taking your time.

No worries. Just for the future, please post as many details as possible, otherwise it is difficult to say anything.