Access to portal BigIP

Hi,
I am currently new to Cloudflare and currently working on a home lab, were I am trying to establish connectivity through to BigIP VE for a portal access, which has a link to my workstation with remote desktop.
I have configured the SSL cert from Cloudflare in full mode, I can successfully reach the BipIP VE no issue and I can logon on to the portal, but when I click the remote desktop connection, I receive “initiating remote connection”, but this eventually times out.

I have run up a wireshark on the workstation and I can see the incoming request and bidirectional traffic…

I am a little stuck… Is Cloudflare doing something with this traffic ?
Any suggestions on how I can over come this issue…

Many Thanks !

I assume you mean Microsoft RDP. Correct?

That wouldnt work via the proxies and you would need to connect to an unproxied (:grey:) host.

Yes, Microsoft RDP…
Just checking, but doing that won’t that stop the SSL cert working ?

The proxy certificate wont work anymore, but you need your own certificate on the server anyhow. Furthermore, it doesnt really matter anyhow. You simply cant use RDP in a proxy context. If you want to use RDP, you either have to use the IP address or an unproxied hostname.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.