Access to domains

Hi all,

I’m trying to gain access to two of our business domains in order to move them over to 20i. Unfortunately a previous employee set this all up, which means we do not have access to their credentials or their inboxes.

What is the process in gaining access to these accounts?

Thanks,

Steve

I would hope they used a company email so you can reset the password and view the mail logs to get the required info.

If not then you will not be able to recover the account and will need to change the nameservers at your registrar to point to your own Cloudflare account or an alternative DNS provider.

Hey,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly. The issue is, we don’t know which employee it would have been so I guess will need to go through the second option you mentioned. How do I recover the account?

Thanks,

Steve

1 Like

If you try this tool and enter your domain it will send an email to the account email address and hopefully you can figure it out then?

https://dash.cloudflare.com/forgot-email

Ok thanks, the issue is the email address will no longer be monitored, so there will be no one to pick this up?

You can’t check the mail logs for your domain and see if you received any mail at all?

If not then you will not be able to regain access to the account.

1 Like