Access blocked to my site

I don’t know when or where my account was migrated to Cloudflare but last week my emails for

stopped working. Then I went to log in to my site at

3eagles.org

and got a pop up screen that I was blocked and need to contact the site to get if fixed. That is me contacting me where I can’t send email to start! Message on the pop up is:

Cloudflare Ray ID: 854863073af27274 • Your IP: 2601:18c:8281:5260:d9b3:51ac:205a:9a3a

What is happening and how the heck to I contact anyone from your business to get it fixed. I’ve spent hours on your site trying to find an answer.

Looks like about 3 weeks ago, you’ll need to login to view, https://securitytrails.com/domain/3eagles.org/history/ns

whois shows a change over the last couple of months, perhaps the domain expired and was purchased by someone else?

Domain Name: 3eagles.org
Registry Domain ID: 8b19378a59fb415593dfa8168518e897-LROR
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Registrar URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Updated Date: 2024-01-30T08:08:19Z
Creation Date: 1999-12-16T08:08:14Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2024-12-16T08:08:14Z

Network Solutions has my domain registered since 1999 and good until 12/24. I’m also seeing a reference to Gas138 at 3eagles org When I search for 3eagles org. I did nothing to cause or support this change and insist it be corrected immediately. This has been made excessively difficult searching for someone to help correct this. You need a real phone number of support direct EMAIL!

Cloudflare did not make that change, Network Solutions made the change based on a request they received.

You can do that yourself if you own the domain.

If you breakdown the whois information it may help figure out who to contact.

That is the date of a change to domain information, that is a bit more than a month after the last time the fortune3 nameservers were seen.

That is when your domain will expire. Assuming it was renewed for a year, that means it also expired 12/26/23.

Once a domain expires it goes in to a 30 day grace period.

Based on the above, I suspect the domain expired and was registered by someone else after the grace period expired (mid Jan '24). From the securitytrails public information the nameservers were changes to cloudflare around the end of Jan '24.

We stopped tickets by email, when a ticket is opened via the dash a lot of information is added and tests are run based on the issue reported. As the agent works to resolve the ticket they can easily re-run the tests and all results are added to the ticket for reference.

Different plans have different support, options include chat, slack, phone, and this forum.

Finally, you may want to check what icann shows for domain ownership, ICANN Lookup

So although your company seems to have taken over my DNS without notice and I still show as registered with Network Solutions until 12/24 you still insist we had a lapse and lost the domain. Did not happen. Network Solutions shows no gap. I need help to get this resolved and it becomes only harder when I can find no direct access to your company and continue to get idiot lessons. I’m not a super computer guy and need some objective assistance. Where can I find that?

Now for my embarrassment. Apparently my son failed to renew the domain name and it was grabbed by an entity in Indonesia. Who is, of course, happy to let us bid on it. So it was in fact our problem and not Cloudflare. We’ll take it up with them now. Thanks anyway for the information and assistance.

1 Like

Hey there @chuck3eagles

I’m glad to see that you’ve been able to find the root of the issue, and I hope you’re able to successfully grab the domain back at a reasonable price!

As you’ve located the issue, I’ll mark your above reply as the solution.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.