Abuse from a troll

I’m not a Cloudflare customer; I was merely posting on a forum that has a hosting provider being hidden by your services.

On anxietyforum dot net, the same troll has been floooding it with spam and abuse, with multiple accounts. This has been going on since 2021 due to the moderators not being active in years. But this idiot also harasses me elsewhere.

Previously, I filled in reports on your site and had to do this quite often. Finally, you told me the host is GTT COMMUNICATIONS INC, with [email protected] or something as the email addresses to contact.

Somebody did reply from that GTT company, but I require the precise subnet because they didn’t know what site I was talking about. And it’s inconvenient having to do a fresh report each time I must raise a complaint…

1 Like

Do I get this right, you are on a forum where you disagree with a certain user and in turn want to “report” the forum?

If you want to send a complaint about that user, the forum owner will be the right contact. Neither the host of the forum nor Cloudflare is responsible here.

1 Like

If the forum owner does not take action, then I am afraid the only advice can be to change to another forum. Neither Cloudflare nor the host of the forum is involved here and can take action.

If you have any legal concerns, you need to take this up with your local authorities or a legal advisor.

My personal advice, clarify this with the forum owner or switch to another forum.

2 Likes

Yes, legal advice will be the best course of action here.

2 Likes

Try Legal Aid WA
https://www.legalaid.wa.gov.au/

1 Like

That is true, lawyers are expensive, but they are the only route if you want to pursue legal action.

As mentioned, neither Cloudflare nor the host is the right contact or can provide such legal advice. This really is something you need to clarify with either the administrators of these communities or local authorities.

1 Like

I am afraid I can only refer to a more appropriate place for such a discussion as the forum here is only for Cloudflare related topics. Getting legal advice may really be the best course of action however.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.