About workers KV edge update

I have a doubt, when I put a value for a given key to the data center, will it spread out all edge? or just some edge? Because after I put new value, the latency to get the value from edge is still high.

How high? It should propagate in less than 60 seconds.

KV is store in two central locations, if you kv is call a lot from a specific PoPs it moves a replica to there too.

Sorry, I didn’t make it clear.
For example, after I update a key’s value in the States, the update is supposed to be propagated to all edges? Then the latency I may get the key’s value in Canada is supposed to be smaller than 20ms(the nearst edge) but not around 120ms(from American data center). However, my test result shows it is not the truth.

Sorry, I didn’t make it clear.
For instance, after I update a key’s value in the States, the update is supposed to be propagated to all edges? Then the latency I may get the key’s value in Canada is supposed to be smaller than 20ms(the nearst edge) but not around 120ms(from American data center). However, my test result shows it is not the truth.

KV does not push updates to edge PoPs.

When reading from KV in a Worker in a given PoP, KV will check cache in that PoP. If there’s no cache entry, or the entry is stale, it will read from one of the central locations, then update the cache.

It is expected that cold reads in a given PoP will have increased latency.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.