About providing information when performing DDoS attack tests

I am a Free plan user. I want to test a DDoS attack on my web site. You say open a support ticket and submit some information, but is that possible with the Free plan?

Customers on Free plans are encouraged to utilize our Cloudflare Community and will only receive standard ticket support for billing, account, 2FA, and abuse issues.

Which category can I select to issue a ticket? Or should the information be provided in another way?

I suggest you to check on other OSINT or other penetration platform to carry out the same. If you think, how to setup the configuration in your Cloudflare dashboard, read this.. At the same time, you can configure accordingly. Check the help bar in the DDOS section of the panel for more information.

I do not think there’s a necessity here unless otherwise.

Document (Simulating test DDoS attacks) Says:

## Before you start

You do not have to obtain permission from Cloudflare to launch a DDoS attack simulation against your own Internet properties. However, before launching the simulated attack, you must [open a Support ticketOpen external link](https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/articles/200172476) and provide the information below. All fields are mandatory unless marked as optional.

I am a free plan user and would like to know how to open a ticket (provide DDoS information)

Well. That’s quite interesting. I assume there could be doc error or post error. Hoping to get the correction from Cloudflare team. Other members will post on this.

Thank you for your reply.

I read some documentation and tried.

Customers on Free plans are encouraged to utilize our Cloudflare Community and will only receive standard ticket support for billing, account, and registrar issues.

I will open a ticket in Accounts/Billing and send you the following DDoS simulation test information

• Attack origin region
  • Attack duration
  • Attack window
  • Attack method (optional)
  • Bandwidth size or range
  • Target IPs/range/zones
  • Contact in case of emergency

is this correct?

I believe you are the first person to encounter this issue; the docs probably never updated after the free package stopped receiving support.

Do not create a billing ticket; it will add noise to their queue and the ticket will get (most likely) lost. I will escalate this thread and see what the team prefers in this type of scenario.

If you already created the ticket; give us the # and I will add it to the escalation notes.

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply.
Understood. I don’t create billing tickets.

Before you start

You do not have to obtain permission from Cloudflare to launch a DDoS attack simulation
against your own Internet properties. However, before launching the simulated attack,
you must open a Support ticketOpen external link
and provide the information below.

Now, Free plan users cannot issue “DDoS attack simulation test” ticket and send a summary of it.
Is this correct?

@hiromi.okada Just got confirmation; you can carry on with the attack.

If the test does not turn out as you expect or you need further help, you can use this post to keep us updated

2 Likes

Thank you all.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.