AAAA Record updated without me telling it to?

I just got a notification from Sucuri telling me that my AAAA records had been updated. I did not do this, and I do not any AAAA records in Cloudflare. Is this something normal that they do or should I be concerned?

Cloudflare currently handles all my DNS records.

Proxied records are available via ipv4 and ipv6. The advertised proxy addresses can and do change.

Could you elaborate a bit more for me? Would this be like my ipv4 A record (only one I have in CF) getting the proxy updated? I am hosting with Siteground and they said they do not support AAAA records.

Thank you in advance, I really appreciate the response.

The record you define in Cloudflare tells Cloudflare where to find your Origin server. If that DNS record is Proxied by Cloudflare :orange:, then your Origin IP (whether it is A, AAAA or CNAME) is not visible to the Internet. Instead, your domain will resolve to a set of Cloudflare IP addresses. By default this will be 2 or 3 IPv4 addresses and 2 or 3 IPv6 addresses. Users send their requests to those addresses. All requests to your Origin by Cloudflare’s servers will use the address you configured on the dashboard. So you get IPv6 connectivity for your web applications without Siteground having to support IPv6 at all, which is generally a good thing.

The Cloudflare addresses can and will change without warning or notification. This is not something to be concerned about, it is a normal part of Cloudflares internal management, and you and your users should never notice.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.