A timeout occurred with an Error code 524

When I scan the tables using the plugin of Advanced DB Cleaner, it shows the error, A timeout occurred Error code 524 as shown in the screen capture below.

When I contacted the hosting company they told me there was nothing they could do about this problem.
What do I need to do to rectify this issue?
TIA, and all the best.

Is this error still occurring for you? Can you please confirm the name of the site it is occurring on?

A 524 error indicates that Cloudflare made a successful TCP connection to the origin web server, but the origin did not reply with an HTTP response before the connection timed out. Please review the suggestions in this Community Tip for troubleshooting ideas.

Yes, it still is. https saahm net
Thanks.

This is still the case with the latest version 2024 February 3rd, and has not been fixed. I had set very large timeouts for php-fpm and it did not matter. It is Cloudflare. The “Advanced DB Cleaner PRO” is using jquery.min.js to request admin-ajax.php every few seconds to keep the connection alive and refresh the view, then it loads admin.php?page=advanced_db_cleaner… etc with 504 (from cloudflare though it claims it’s coming from the web server). Cloudflare is lying by showing an illustration that the problem is with the origin server. They have admitted that requests over 100seconds are cut off and not possible through cloudflare, so they should have just said that in their message instead of lying to the end user (and us admin trying to troubleshoot crappy-written wordpress plugins).