A Record to enable Email Receiving with Amazon SES

I’m using Amazon SES to send and receive emails. I encountered a problem with email receiving. According to the guide by Cloudflare to set up MX records for email receiving, an additional A/AAAA record is also needed to point to the IP address of the mail server. Since I am using Amazon SES, the IP address of the mail server is always changing. What IP address could I use then for this?

Whenever I try to send emails to the subdomain associated with this, it always says that the username is not found in the domain and I think the A record could be the issue for this. Thanks!

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

The DNS hostname A mail pointed to a temporary IP (not a real one) 192.0.2.1 I am afraid it cannot work like that, neither if it’s proxied :orange: :thinking:

As long as the DNS record is set to :grey:, it’s up to you and Amazon to get that coordinated.

Helpful article:

May I suggest checking below article if your e-mail records (usually the A mail and the MX record) are configured properly while you are using Cloudflare for your domain name:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.