A Record shows 2 IP addresses. Domain not adding

I Need Help! I have disconnected, erased and tried multiple times, but my DNS changes have still not being propagated even after 4 days. I am getting error messages that the values in my A Record does not match. I have reached out to my website application manger and the feed back that I have gotten from them is that the issue is on Cloudflare’s end. I have been informed that there are two A Records IP addresses showing up in the DNS and that they do not match the one that I have imputed myself. I am not seeing that myself whenever I look in the DNS settings. And as mentioned before, I have erased and reapply the information needed for connection, but it still does not connect.

If the record is :orange: in your DNS, what you describe is the expected behavior. You will see two Cloudflare IPs returned when you query your A record. This allows your site to use Cloudflare’s CDN and security features. Your visitors connect to Cloudflare and Cloudflare proxies their requests to your origin site at the IP provided by your host.

You can pause Cloudflare from the dashboard or set specific hostnames to :grey: which will let you test with DNS Only.

Thanks for your reply… will try this and see if it works

Hey! Are saying that I should turn those off for it to work

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

May I ask you to share your domain name here with us so we could double-check? :thinking:

Have you recently changed your domain nameservers at your domain registrar to which you were given at Cloudflare in the process of adding your domain name to your Cloudflare account?

Have you tried using any of the available online tools for DNS propagation check for your domain name yet? For example:

Furthermore, if you recently changed your domain nameservers, regular DNS propagation time usually takes up to 24-48 hours to complete.

May I ask have you tried using a different Web browser, or tried clearing your Web browser cache?
How about using a Private window (Incognito mode) or a VPN connection if possible?
Is it the same behaviour on your mobile phone (4G LTE, mobile data, cellular)?

May I ask, if you know was the DNSSEC active and enabled for your domain name at your Domain Registrar, before switching domain nameservers to the given Cloudflare nameservers of your Cloudflare account?

In the meantime, you could try to flush the dns for yourdomain.com using below tools for the NS type of the DNS record (selected from the dropdoen menu):

Can you share a screenshot of this error? (NOTE: Please mask/hide the IP address or similar information due to public)

Right, that’s how Cloudflare proxy :orange: works, more about it at the below link and article:

If you see this error in your Web browser, it might be temporary issue due to the DNS cache at your local ISP provider (see few lines above idea for trying by using different web browser, mobile provider, private window, VPN…).

This is a picture showing that there are 2 IPs showing on the DNS A-record. One of which I do not k ow about. That is the one being highlighted with the green tic.
I have purged the A record and the result is still the same.
Is there a way to remove the IP that I know nothing about from the A record? It is not showing up when I go in the DNS settings itself, but only when I do the DNS check as shown above.

I have also tried using a Private window (Incognito mode) or a VPN connection if possible.
It is the same behaviour on your mobile phone (4G LTE, mobile data, cellular)

I am at a lost :rage:

Those two A records that are returned are Cloudflare IPs. This means your A record for travelcarib.net is :orange: proxied. Please see my previous reply earlier in this thread for an explanation. Also look at the detailed response from @fritex. Pay particular attention to the #tutorial he linked.

Ok… will do

Thank you… all seems well now… I walk though the instructions again and it worked… I turn of the oranges clouds :cloud: … attempt the connection and it went through without an itch… I then turn back on the orange cloud :cloud: and it seems fine now…
thanks to you all

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.