A record not updating

Hi, So I have change the ARecord on one of my accounts so it would point to an new hosting. however its been 12 hours now and the old version of the site is still live.

if i check the sites here - Network Tools: DNS,IP,Email

the old IP is still present.

Not sure whats happening

Thanks for the info, one issue however is that the website is still showing the previous hosting provider.

When I try to update the SSL on my new cPanel it says The domain “highlandfordsales.com” resolved to an IP address that does not exist on this server.

I suggest you use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com. The link is in the lower right corner of that page. Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS. Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).

Hi, So I tried this and when it was paused everything switched over but the moment I enabled cloud flare it went right back to the old server again. I even gave it a few days paused, I also tried it with another site and same result.

Is your website on some hosting or WP Engine? I see CNAME www pointing to wpengine (old one?), while A highlandfordsales.com pointing to an IP (new one?) → A is pointing to Cloudflare IP (wrong).

There is also a redirection from non-www to www, meaning you would get the same result (webpage) shown.

When visiting your domain (being redirected to CNAME www → loads up content from wpengine rather than from your new hosting A record?) → IP behind is some 162.241.xxx.xx.

If I understand correctly, I would suggest:

1. Switch CNAME pop3 and CNAME smtp both to :grey: (DNS-only) - to make sure your e-mail works properly.
  2. Remove CNAME www and remove one A highlandfordsales.com
  3. Add A www and point it to new IP (check cPanel dashboard)
  4. Modify the A highlandfordsales.com to have new IP (check cPanel dashboard)

Otherwise, I misunderstood something here.

I see this:

In the cPanel dashboard, on the right sidebar, there is stated “Shared IP address”.
If that’s your new hosting, you should point your A www and A naked domain (remove CNAME www) records to that IP address to make it load content from this hosting/server.