A record not populating correctly

I’ve run the CloudFlare diagnostic and everything is a green check mark, but I still have this problem. I registered my domain with GoDaddy and then changed the nameservers over to CloudFlare to obtain some of the free enhancements offered. GoDaddy support can’t do much because they no longer control the DNS. There’s only one A record in my DNS (34.102.136.180) and it is supposed to, according to GoDaddy support, show up across the board when running a check on WhatsMyDNS.net. Instead, a bunch of other addresses appear. I’ve deleted and replaced the A record to no avail. GoDaddy’s parked page still shows up when folks visit my domain. What the heck is going on?

THat’s expected for proxied records.

1 Like

Thank you @cs-cf, maybe that explains the other IP addresses, but I’m not sure it explains why I still see a parked GoDaddy webpage instead of my own, or at least a blank page at www.SeattleCrime.org. Do you have any thoughts on that? The domain has been registered for over 4 days and has had CloudFlare nameservers for at least that long as well.

The ‘www’ url is not proxied by Cloudflare. It’s just an unproxied CNAME to Google hosting. And it works.

1 Like

www points directly to a google hosted site. the root domain is proxied by Cloudflare and the address of the www site is definitely not the address you posted above.

@sdayman thanks for your reply, but I don’t understand what you mean. I have mapped a website hosted by Google to my domain, but so far as I know I’m the only person in the world who can see it. I have no idea what’s wrong.

it seems like it’s resolved now, thanks again

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.