A record loading incorrect IP addresses

I have an A record pointing to: nas . domain
I also have an A record pointing: plex . domain with the same IP address.

I have another A record for domain.com and www . domain pointing to a totally different host, (namecheap) pointing to the correct IP address to load the website.

I have the domaincom at namecheap pointing to the cloudflare nameservers. For a week or so, all seemed great.

I have not tried to load each site for a week or so ago. I checked the nas . domain and the plex . domain and I was surprised that instead of the NAS or PLEX server loading, the website at NAMECheap loaded.

nas. and plex. are poinging to a totally different IP address? Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thank you.

The IP address you see on https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/dns are the IP addresses of your origin, the IP addresses you see when you ping you domain are cloudflare IP addresses. That is the desired behaviour.

1 Like

Yes I believe you are referring to the Cloudflare proxy DNS addresses. I am aware of those. What baffles me is I have setup DNS A records one to the NAS. IP address the domain, and plex . IP address. The NAS and the plex were on my machines at my home.

Foe the heck of it, I created another A record to point to a namecheap domain. I did setup the namecheap domain to use the cloudflare DNS servers.

I setup a domain that just point to the kpersky cyber map, just as a place holder to the domain.

The namecheap www IP is totally different than the .nas and the .plex ip addresses.

But if I type in the . nas domain of the .plex domain it goes to the kpersky cybermap webpage. What?

I even deleted the website that has the kpersky cybermap place holder, but still the cybermap appears. ???

I have NO idea where it is coming from, and why it does not pull the .nas or the .plex.

???

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.