A record for mail Alias anywhere in profile

How do I make sure we do not have an A record for mail Alias anywhere? I see the A records currently, but not sure what to do. Apparently we are being spammed when our company sends out emails. I need to fix this and not sure how.

I’m not quite sure how an “A” record for ‘mail’ is linked to you getting spammed.

Are you saying that your company shouldn’t have incoming email?

Our outgoing emails are getting spammed therfore not being received. Here is what we see:

This section describes the specific reason your e-mail could not be delivered.

Please direct further questions regarding this message to your e-mail administrator.

–Registeredsite Postmaster

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
(reason: 550 spamcop.mimecast.org Blocked - see https://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?209.17.115.110.

Web.com hosts our email. Here is what they just sent me:

Checking on your DNS records. This is strange you are using Network solution’s MX records but the IP is attached to your server at cloudflare. Can you please check your DNS record at cloudflare to make sure you do not have an A record for mail Alias anywhere.

Your email is getting blocked because the IP address of your (web)server is blacklisted by Spamcop.

You need to properly set DNS records for better email authentication. I recommend using dmarcian.com for a health check, and mail-tester.com to evaluate a sample of your outbound mail.

1 Like

Would that happen all of the sudden? We have never had issues for 10+ years. Now in the last 48 hours we are seeing spam issues for some reason with our outbound emails?

I have no idea. You’d have to ask your host (Network Solutions). Cloudflare can’t fix this, other than to provide DNS where you can add DNS entries as recommended by Dmarcian and Mail-Tester.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.