"554 5.7.1 Relay access denied" with namecheap email forwarding

I can connect to my website just fine, but I’ve been trying to set up custom email forwarding (like [email protected]) for a while and I can’t get it to work. Every time I try it, I get the error 554 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied

I used this guide to set it up. Any help would be appreciated, and I can give more info if needed. Thanks

https://serversitters.com/how-to-correct-554-5-7-1-relay-access-denied-email-errors-and-prevent-them-in-the-future.html

Where are you setting this up?

I’m setting it up on the DNS page for my domain on Cloudflare, following the guide on namecheap that I linked in the first post
Here’s my setup

I don’t see anything in there that’s routing email through Cloudflare. Have you asked your mail provider about this?

I’m not sure what you mean. My goal here is to set up email forwarding so that when someone sends an email to my namecheap domain like [email protected] it will send it to my personal email, [email protected]

You already have email set up with privateemail (Namecheap, I presume). That’s why I asked:

Ahh… I’m just now realizing that “privateemail” is actually a namecheap service and not just a private email. I assumed it simply meant whatever your private email was. Could I use ImprovMX to get a custom domain email that forwards to my gmail?

ImprovMX is a great product for pure forwarding for a domain’s email. You’d need to provide the domain, and they’ll let you know which DNS records to add.

1 Like

Thanks for your help

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.