550 Domain does not exist

Hi,
I keep having “550 Domain does not exist” rejection from Email Routing. I’m sure all DNS setting is correct and have tried and waited for more than 30 minutes. Still the same.

I also try to toggle catch-all on and off. Still get the same rejection email. Could you please have a look? Thank you.

Hello,

I’ve been getting the below error all day on the email beta.

I’ve done the thing where I toggle the catch all on and off, but no dice. I continue to get the below error.

Action: failed Status: 5.1.1 Remote-MTA: dns; [amir.mx.cloudflare.net](http://amir.mx.cloudflare.net/) 

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.1.1 Domain does not exist

@user19988 and @ThisPieHasGoodMeat May I share a possible solution:

1 Like

As I mentioned in the original post, I’ve tried to “Toggle catch-all off. Then toggle it on again”.
It doesn’t work at all!

Hey,

I did try the those solutions, twice.

The second time making sure I was actually doing what was suggested, and after waiting 15 minutes. Just in case a malicious god of cache had became angry with my lack of offering.

No dice.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please share your domains?

1 Like

Hey,

Is there a way I can share the domain with you privately?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Pie.

Yes please join Cloudflare Developers and DM me

I’ll share my domain that is also getting this error: geekandi.com

I have reverted my MX/SPF records back to how I had them before.

I do not plan on using catchall.

Thanks @geekandi . I manually enabled your zone. If you don’t use the catch-all as long as you do a configuration change it will republish your configuration. Like add a new rule and delete it, then the service should work.

1 Like

Why thanks!

I had tried the enable/disable catch-all prior to adding a reply here.

I’ll update my DNS again (thanks for the Terraform provider for this!) and see what flows!

Thank you @sven2 for supporting us, I am also facing an issue please look into it, I have set up Email routing beta, pointed MX records accordingly, created SPF record and custom email address, but it still does not work. When sending email from whatever email address to the custom address, I get email bounced back with error(550 5.1.1 Domain does not exist).

I have tried toggling on and off catch-all button tried all possible solutions available here but results were same.

sorry it was an issue on our side. I manually enabled your zone, after you toggle the catch-all rule (or touch any other rules) it should start working.

Hi, I am facing the same issue, mails are bounced with error: 550: 5.1.1 Domain does not exist. This holds for my 2 domains: jvzwam.nl and heedoedemee.nl. Can you check?

Hi, sorry it was an issue on our side. I manually enabled your zone, after you toggle the catch-all rule (or touch any other rules) it should start working.

heedoedemee.nl is already enabled and working

Hello, facing same issue for domain (djjustinjames.com), currently reverted MX records back to previous until this issue is fixed. can you please check?

Hi, I’m having the same problem on candeo-books.nl Can you enable it manually?

@armin @user20192 Hi, sorry it was an issue on our side. I manually enabled your zone, after you toggle the catch-all rule (or touch any other rules) it should start working.

1 Like

Thx for the swift reply. It works.