550.5.1.1 Domain does not exist - Email Forwarding

Hi, I’m having the 550 Domain does not exist issue when trying to switch my email over to Cloudflare’s forwarding service.

I have tried disabling (deleting all the MX records) and re-enabling.

I have also tried toggling the mail forwarding switch as described in the other topics. (while waiting a few minutes in between)

Also, I’ve had to switch my records back to my old forwarder (Google) for the moment as I can’t afford to have email downtime with this domain as it’s one of my primary ones (in fact I couldn’t register for this forum without switching it back)… what can I do to tackle this issue?

I’ve read that other domains had to be manually enabled by a Cloudflare employee?

I’m excited to use this feature, so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

2 Likes

Same here. I noticed previous messages here at the CF community forum from Jan / Feb this year resulted in someone from CF manually enabling the domains.

I have the same issue over here

Is there maybe someone from Cloudflare who can fix this?
5.1.1 smtp;550 5.1.1 Domain does not exist.

This morning I removed all conflicting gmail smtp records from my domain and enabled email routing. Testing emails get a return error with the following content.

550 5.1.1 Domain does not exist.

Anyone able to help?

What’s the domain?

In the Email section of the Cloudflare dashboard does it show green for “routing status” and “dns records”?

If you have catch-all enabled, can you try shutting it off and turning it back on, and waiting a minute?

MX and SPF records are configured, routes are configured, I am seeing no results in last 30-min or 24-hour statistics windows.

Could it be a DNS propagation delay? whatsmydns dot net shows it has propagated okay, at least within their network. I believe Cloudflare sets TTL to 5-mins for MX records.

I have disabled catchall, waited and retested with no change.

Domain is it-ninja.xyz

What is the domain?

I replied the domain that in a second post, but it got hidden by a spam bot for moderation, hopefully it’ll post soon.

Evidently not. Spell it out like example dot com.

Ha, good point

it-ninja dot xyz

DNS looks fine. The “domain does not exist” error is actually coming from Cloudflare’s SMTP server, which apparently does not realize that you have email routing set up. This may need attention from Cloudflare staff.

Thanks for looking. Hopefully they see this post.

@sven2 is this something you can help with?

Having the same issue as well, any help will be appreciated. Did all the suggested steps i.e toggling catch-all, clear the dns records…

I’m having the same issue.

Same - https://community.cloudflare.com/t/more-email-routing-550-5-1-1-domain-does-not-exist

I created an account to report this exact thing. I was/am on ImproxMX which works perfectly. I changed my MX records to use the Cloudflare ones. And using the existing SMTP entries in Gmail, I was able to send emails but not receive them. After removing them and re-adding, I cannot receive the Test email (or send anymore), with the error:

Address not found

Your message wasn’t delivered to **** because the address couldn’t be found or is unable to receive email. The response from the remote server was:
550 5.1.1 Domain does not exist. vrDjbd29uVfU

1 Like

i have the same problem on my domain. Also tried disabling and enabling and so on, everything resolves but i just get “550 5.1.1 Address does not exist” or “5.4.7 Delivery expired”